TD: 2015 Volume 11 No 3
Vol. 11, No. 3, December 2015Articles
- Towards the conceptualisation of flow in corporate financial reporting theory / Rehwinkel, A & Gouws, DG
- A hermeneutic framework for responsible technical interventions in low-income households - mobile phones for improved managed health care as test case / Murray, M & Wolff, E
- Water contestations in the Little Karoo: Liaisons between the Calitzdorp irrigation board and the Calitzdorp (Kannaland) Municipality, 1912- 2013 / Visser, WP
- The meaning of sense of place: The community of Vredefort Dome and Parys, Free State / Erasmus, T & De Crom, EP
- The green dilemma: Reflections of a Generation Y consumer cohort on green purchase behaviour / Muposhi, A; Dhurup, M & Surujlal, J
- The potential of mobile phones for increasing public participation in local government in South Africa / Thinyane, H; Siebörger, I & Reynell, E
- Industry's perception of the relevance of software development education / Liebenberg, J; Huisman, M & Mentz, E
- Digital storytelling as a tool for teaching: Perceptions of pre-service teachers / Tiba, CA; Condy, J; Chigona, A & Tunjera, N
(2015)It has been shown that teachers are reluctant to use technology despite the South African (SA) government’s huge expenditure on technological equipment. This might be the result of teachers being unable to select appropriate ...
(2015)It is widely acknowledged that there is a shortage of software developers, not only in South Africa, but also worldwide. Despite reports, in mostly quantitative studies, of a gap between the industry needs and software ...
The potential of mobile phones for increasing public participation in local government in South Africa (2015)This paper presents a critical discussion on the current use of technology and participation in local government. It discusses the rise in popularity of mobile devices, and how they have been used in ICT for development. ...
(2015)Green consumerism has garnered much scholarly interest in recent years. However, research on the influence of the Social Dilemma Theory (SDT) on green purchase behaviour has been scarce. Using data generated from sixteen ...
(2015)The Vredefort Dome was declared a World Heritage Site by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2005. This status has led to an increase in tourism to the adjacent town of Parys ...
Water contestations in the Little Karoo: Liaisons between the Calitzdorp irrigation board and the Calitzdorp (Kannaland) Municipality, 1912- 2013 (2015)Although a good agricultural-yielding region when adequate rainfall is available the Little Karoo is plagued by regular, recurring and sometimes devastating droughts. In a rural town like Calitzdorp, where the same water ...
A hermeneutic framework for responsible technical interventions in low-income households – mobile phones for improved managed health care as test case (2015)In this article the authors, a philosopher and a social development practitioner, formulate recommendations for responsible planning of technical interventions in health care relations under circumstances of uncertainty ...
(2015)Developments in science, technology and sophisticated interconnected social networks increase the speed and volatility of the flow of economic-related energies, such as financial and intellectual capital. These developments ...