PER: 2008 Volume 11 No 2
22 August 2008
- Good Governance / De la Harpe, S; Rijken, C & Roos, R
- The protection of fundamental rights in the Netherlands and South Africa compared: can the many differences be justified? / Van der Schyff, G
- UN Peacekeeping in Africa and Good Governance: Challenges and Prospects / Van Genugten, W
- The world trade organisation and Human Rights: The role of principles in Good Governance / Denkers, J & Jägers, N
- Good Governance in Public Procurement: A South African Case Study / Roos, R & De la Harpe, S
- Public participation, Good Environmental Governance and fulfilment of Environmental rights / Du Plessis, A
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Using good and Cooperative Governance to improve Environmental Governance of South African World Heritage sites: A case study of the Vredefort Dome / Kotzé, L & De la Harpe, S
All contributions in this issue are focused on the notion of good governance. Prof Stephen de la Harpe and Ms Rolien Roos of the North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus) and Dr Conny Rijken of Tilburg University have produced the issue as guest editors. Their introduction provides a concise overview of the exciting contributions on this highly topical subject.
Editor: Professor Francois Venter / Edition editors: Stephen de la Harpe, Rolien Roos & Conny Rijken
(North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus), Faculty of Law, 2008)In this article good governance in public procurement, with particular reference to accountability is discussed. The principle of providing adequate remedies in public procurement is put under the spotlight. This is done ...
The good, the bad and the ugly: using good and cooperative governance to improve environmental governance of South African world heritage sites: a case study of the Vredefort dome (North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus), Faculty of Law, 2008)
(North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus), Faculty of Law, 2008)This article succinctly, albeit critically, assesses with reference to some international developments the role that public participation is expected to play in state governments’ fulfilment of citizens’ environmental ...
(2008)The present article attempts to determine the role of principles of good governance in the discussion regarding the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and its human rights accountability. It shows that the WTO as an organisation ...
(2008)While UN peacekeeping operations are in most cases confronted with a multitude of intertwined problems, this seems to be even worse in Africa. Operations on African soil have to react more than averagely to inter- as well ...
The protection of fundamental rights in the Netherlands and South Africa compared: can the many differences be justified? (2008)This contribution considers the protection of fundamental rights in the Netherlands and South Africa. Both countries strive to be constitutional democracies that respect basic rights. But both countries go about this aim ...